It’s heating up outside as summer approaches — but Visit Lorain County is promoting a tasty way to keep cool.
The tourism bureau’s annual “Here’s the Scoop” ice cream trail promotion is underway through Sept. 2 at these participating locations:
• Cathy’s Ice Cream, 2115 North Ridge Rd., Lorain
• Dairy Grove, 35455 Center Ridge Rd., North Ridgeville
• Divine Scoops, 140 Lear Rd., Avon Lake
• Hastee Tastee, 466 Cleveland Ave., Amherst
• Hot Dog Heaven, 493 Cleveland Ave., Amherst
• Krieg’s It’z the Berries Frozen Custard, 46045 Telegraph Rd., Amherst
• Krieg’s It’z the Berries Frozen Custard, 3175 North Ridge Rd., Vermilion
• Nancy’s Main Street Diner, 426 Main St., Grafton
• Scoops and More Ice Cream Emporium, 528 West River Rd., Elyria
• Sundae Funday’s, 25145 Royalton Rd., Columbia Station
• The Hotel at Oberlin, 10 East College St., Oberlin
To get started, stop at the Lorain County Visitors Center, 8025 Leavitt Rd., Amherst, and pick up a lanyard and passport for $1.
You’ll also get a map showing the participating ice cream eateries.
Then you can hit the trail, receiving a 25 cent discount on ice cream products and getting your passport marked.
Note that the discount can only be used by one person one time and can only be used for ice-cream products — not slushies or any other type of food or beverage.
Return to the Lorain County Visitors Center with your completed passport and you’ll receive a cute commemorative pin.
You’ll also be entered into a drawing for a chance to win free ice cream for a year.
The ice cream trail is sponsored by Visit Lorain County and the Lorain County commissioners.
To learn more, go to www.visitloraincounty.com/heresthescoop.