The Lorain County Board of Elections will host five demonstrations of its new voting machines before the May 7 primary election.
These new voting machines replace the TSX touch screen system that was in use here since 2005.
About half of local voters will see the new system in May, since only about half of the polls in Lorain County will have primaries or ballot questions.
The entire county will vote on the new system in the November general election.
The public is welcome to see the new voting machines on the following dates:
• Monday, April 15 from 3-7 p.m. at the Lorain Public Library Main Branch, 351 West 6th St., second floor.
• Tuesday, April 16 from 3-7 p.m. at the North Ridgeville Branch Library, 35700 Bainbridge Rd.
• Tuesday, April 23 from 1-7 p.m. at the Oberlin Public Library, 65 South Main St.
• Thursday, April 25 from noon to 7 p.m. at the Elyria Administration Building, 226 Middle Ave., commissioners’ hearing room on the fourth floor.
• Tuesday, April 30 from 3-7 p.m. at Amherst VFW Post 1662, 165 Cleveland Ave.